If you are an awesome coder, interested in coding contests and want to get an high paid job or you might have interested participating in hackathon and want to build some beautiful applications. Here are some of the best platforms for coding contests to showcase your ideas and become celebrities.
Nowadays Top giant companies like google, microsoft, facebook recruiting people on coding platforms like hackerearth, hackerrank. They are offering top dollars to those who are in the lead position in leader boards by solving tough-problems. Here are some of the best coding competitions and practice websites that you must try.
1. codechef : This is a programming contest and practice website for students and professionals. codechef conduct 1 long contests for 10 days and 2 short contests for 2-3 hours. There are also multiple college contests runs every month. You can also host your college contests here. You can earn prize money and goodies for every contest if you are top on leaderboard. You can even become a problem setter and earn money depending on level of difficulty.
2. Hackerearth: This is the best platform for companies and job seekers.Here companies like Mcafee, Honeywell, makemytrip, ebay, cisco and many more frequently hire people by conducting coding contests and hackathons. Here you can find college contests also. Hackerearth conducts code monk series every week to improve your algorithmic skills.
3. Hackerrank: VMWare, quora, cisco, godaddy, snapdeal, Time Inc etc..companies runs coding contests and hackathons to hire people. You can also practice challenges on various domains like Artificial Intelligence, Datastructure and Algorithms, Sql, Databases, Linux shell, functional programming.
4. topcoder: It is world’s largest competitive software development community. It conducts various programming competitions in algorithms, design, testing, marathon and many more. It hosts coding contests in java, C++, c#. You can also find tutorials to solve algorithm problems.
5. codeforces: They conduct short contests for 2 hours called ‘Codeforces Round’ once a week. You can also practice problems from previous contests.
6. SPOJ: This online judge has solutions to the more than 20,000 problems in languages like English, Polish, Vietnamese and Portuguese.SPOJ allows advanced users to organize contests under their own rules. People can also discuss how to solve a particular problem.
7. ProjectEuler: Is a website contains series of computational problems intended to be solved with computer programs. It contains over 500 problems. Problems are of varying difficulty can be solved easily who are very good at number theory.
8. Techgig: Is a technology community website contains everything related to technology. It is a platform exclusively for IT professionals to share, exchange ideas and information. You can participate in challenges conducted by MNCs. You can test your skills on various technologies. It will also help as job portal where you can find latest job openings in various companies.